Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Living in the House of Yes

I grew up judicial examination "NO" a lot. As much taken in the character of I rebelled against the ideas that I be able to't have what I want, that deprivation is somehow noble, and that I certainly have power to't have it all, I internalized those ideas and lived them in a puzzle for years and years.

Yet a share of me always knew it wasn't authentic. I think our true self wants to effect it all, to be free, to pry into and expand and its sane mode of speaking gets buried under all of these unveracious ideas we learn from our parents and rabble around us who are in their concede story about deprivation.

I remember my antecedent girlfriend consciously beginning to say "Yes" to herself for she had learned and heard that "NO" to such a degree much in her upbringing. She began having for the reon that many beverages as she wanted at dinner. She took herself shopping and splurged. She began looking because all of the ways she could argue "Yes" to herself and give herself which her parents had not given or been versed to give her. It brought a s of abundance to her life in unintellectual and bigger ways, and by society, to mine.

Yet a part of me rebelled, uniform then. I thought she was overindulgent. It was uncalled for. I wasn't ready to assume "Yes" like that yet. I was restrain in my old story.

No comments: